[Xen-users] Xen with LSI megaraid - recompile?

Hello All!

I been skimming the archives of this list and have found a few references to recompiling with the megaraid modules baked in to the kernel rather than as modules in order to get xen up with megaraid controller cards. After trying these suggestions and even a different root disk to boot from, I'm still having problems getting the card recognized.

My questions are:

1.) do the modules have to be baked in to the hypervisor (xen-pae.gz ?) or to the Dom 0 kernel? OR both?

2.) I'm running openSuSE 10.3 and they run a highly patched rpm of xen. 91 .patch files and 42 .diff files so I'd like to keep as close to their version as possible. rpm -qa reports: xen-3.1.0_15042-51. I've found the src.rpm and extracted the contents and patch set. I've been successful in doing an rpmbuild -ba on the extracted spec but don't know what to change in the source to get my card recognized. buildconfigs/linux-defconfig?

I see people have gotten it to work by marking all the following to y in a ".config" but there is no .config when I unpack the source. A quick grep turns up matching lines in the buildconfigs but so far I'm unsuccessful at getting the card to show up.

CONFIG_MEGARAID_NEWGEN=y
CONFIG_MEGARAID_MM=y
CONFIG_MEGARAID_MAILBOX=y
CONFIG_MEGARAID_LEGACY=y