Re: [Xen-users] GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 rev 2.0 motherboard HVM support

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Paul M. Sorauer" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:52:01 +1100
  • Accept-language: en-US, en-AU
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US, en-AU
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 20:55:09 -0700

Age_M wrote:

I just checked the FB-Version of your bios, and as the FA-Version, the Virtualization option is disabled and hidden too, so just updating the bios won't change anything. If you're willing to take the risk, I can send you the modified FB-Version biosfile I created a few minutes ago, but again I need to say, you can't held me responsible if anything goes wrong. But I can say that the modification went fine, as it did with my bios, and therefore I think it's worth a try. Let me know if you wasn’t to give it a shot.

Greetz Age_M

Hi Age_M

I’d be interested to find out how to torn on this feature. Could you please either:

1.       Provide a hacked version of the FDb BIOS from GB (with instructions on the best way to flash the bios – I’ve only had success by using GB’s Windows based Update App)

2.       Describe how to use modbin to alter the BIOS ROM – I’ve tried to rename the *.fdb file to *.bin but modbin complains of a checksum error. How do I get hold of the bin file to edit it?

Thanks a lot. Any help would be appreciated.

Paul Sorauer

Code Red Solutions