Re: [Xen-users] CentOS 5.0 ifcfg-eth0 gets renamed on boot

Amos Shapira schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I created a CentOS 5.0 x86_64 guest under Debian Etch with Xen 3.0.3 and
> it boots fine except for one re-occuring problem - whenever it boots the
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 script gets renamed to .bak
> and doesn't configure the ethernet device.

you should set a mac address in your domU config file.

e.g.
vif  = [ 'mac=00:00:cb:62:fd:7f,bridge=xenbr0' ]

otherwise the interface changes it's mac every time the domU is brought up.

> Here is the content of this file:
>
> TYPE=Ethernet
> DEVICE=eth0
> BOOTPROTO=static
> ONBOOT=yes
> IPADDR=192.168.0.247 <http://192.168.0.247>
> NETMASK=255.255.255.0 <http://255.255.255.0>
> GATEWAY=192.168.0.2 <http://192.168.0.2>
>
> Looks pretty standard to me.
>
> When I boot the system to single-user mode the file is still there but
> when I ^D to go to multi-user the file gets renamed at some stage.
>
> A simple "mv ifcfg-eth0.bak ifcfg-eth0" and "service network restart"
> fixes the problem but it's still very annoying to have to do that every
> time i reboot the system (luckily these are just test/dev machines for
> now).
>
> I tried to follow the output of the boot in the console but can't see
> anything wrong, and can't find what in the world could do this renaming
> at boot time.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Amos

Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

*netz-haut* e.K.
multimediale kommunikation

zweierweg 22
97074 würzburg

fon: +49 931 2876247
fax: +49 931 2876248

web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de/>

registriergericht: amtsgericht würzburg, hra 5054