Re: [Xen-users] PPPoE in DomU exits with error

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: kanour-xen <xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 23:49:07 +1100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 04:49:51 -0800

Christian Lyra wrote:
 I used xen-tools to create image, so the modules are there. Just to
make sure, I just deleted them and copy them over from dom0. It is
still the same.I believe that this is related to the hardware. This
is real server HP 145 DL2 with PCI-X and I am starting to believe
that the PCI-X with AMD chipset is the problem.

 I am wondering how come it does work from dom0 and not from domU.

 Could you copy me some info from your machine?
 ethtool [interface where you run pppoe]

 here is my interface:

 alsfw01:~# ethtool -i eth2
 driver: e1000
 version: 7.1.9-k4-NAPI
 firmware-version: N/A
 bus-info: 0000:00:01.0

 alsfw01:~# ethtool eth2
 Settings for eth2:
          Supported ports: [ TP ]
          Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                  100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                  1000baseT/Full
          Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
          Advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                  100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
                                  1000baseT/Full
          Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
          Speed: 1000Mb/s
          Duplex: Full
          Port: Twisted Pair
          PHYAD: 0
          Transceiver: internal
          Auto-negotiation: on
          Supports Wake-on: umbg
          Wake-on: g
          Current message level: 0x00000007 (7)
          Link detected: yes

 Thanks. (I would need some xen guru for this) Where they are???

fwx:/home/lyra# ethtool internet
Settings for internet:
        Supported ports: [ TP MII ]
        Supported link modes:   10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
        Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
        Advertised link modes:  10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
                                100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
        Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
        Speed: 100Mb/s
        Duplex: Full
        Port: MII
        PHYAD: 32
        Transceiver: internal
        Auto-negotiation: on
        Supports Wake-on: pumbg
        Wake-on: d
        Current message level: 0x00000007 (7)
        Link detected: yes

fwx:/home/lyra# ethtool -i internet
driver: 8139too
version: 0.9.27
firmware-version:
bus-info: 0000:01:08.0

Hi Christian.

I am assuming that your interface info was from DomU. I actually
compared few machines and all real (hw - not xen created) interfaces
have PHYD [some number]. I mean in dom0 and other non xen machines.

But in my case there is number zero (0) in DomU on physical interface
parsed through pci backend.

The problem is that I don't know what it means :-). Maybe there should
be some number and this indicates that it works as hardware interface.

Another question, do you run udev or hotplug on DomU? I don't.

Jiri