Re: [Xen-users] Resize domU block device?

Am 23.11.2007 um 19:40 schrieb Andy Smith:

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 06:23:02PM +0100, Ralf Müller wrote:
The day before I tested to do "lvresize -L+20G" on a logical volume
given to a domU and do a "xfs_growfs" of this volume inside the domU
it belongs to. It didn't notice that until I rebooted the domU.
Thatswhy I asked here. Is this a new feature which is not in my Xen 3.1?

Not that I am aware of.  It simply does not work, despite the many
people who will claim it does without actually trying it.

Thanks for that answer. I felt e bit stupid as the one who isn't able
to this, under all the ones who told me it is no problem at all.

If it is not the domU's root fs then you can unmount it in the domU,
from dom0 detach the block device, then re-attach the block device
again and the domU will see the new size.  Obviously not possible if
this is the domU's root fs.

Uiii - hardcore solution. Near to no way to do this automatically. So
I will have to stick with the reboot solution for a while ...

Thanks a lot
Ralf