Re: [Xen-users] How to make KDE or Gnome available in DomU?

I have to say, that I am confused :-). I have got one of the feelings that I am completely stupid.

Just to summarize the steps:

After I installed clean DomU

Do I have to install xserver-xorg on domU   |yes/no| yes
DO I have to configure ? xserver-xorg       |yes/no| yes
                                        (vesa framebufer)
Do I have to install KDE, kdm               |yes/no| yes
Do I have to install vnc4server             |yes/no| no
Do I have to add some ? line in domU config |yes/no| no

Then I can run vncviewer from any workstation on the network do domU and it should work?

Thanks Jiri

Emre Erenoglu wrote:
Hi Mark,

you don't need a framebuffer to use NX. You don't need any video hardware at all. You just need KDM or GDM, with necessary gnome/kde environment packages. error about kstartupconfig may mean some configuration error with kde, no home directory etc.

Emre