Re: [Xen-users] console for full virtualization vm

Michael Lessard wrote:
I confirm that you don't need to create this device ! It's works great with the two line who Sadique gave me ..

But now, i could use this trick only when vm is installed ... if i need to install a full vm and i don't have access to X server, how can i handle that ?

thanks !

    http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-11/msg00811.html
    <http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-11/msg00811.html>

    > And maybe you will need to create this device, if not exist:
    >
    > # mknod /dev/xvc0 c 250 187

    You shouldn't need to create this in an HVM domU.  The console you're
    interested in for HVM should just appear as a standard serial port.

If I were you and I need this badly, I should hack the isolinux.cfg in boot.iso for that distro to throw boot messages by default to serial console and boot the OS from the modified boot.iso.

--Sadique

    Cheers,
    Mark

    --
    Dave: Just a question. What use is a unicyle with no seat?  And no
    pedals!