Re: [Xen-users] installation

Sadique Puthen wrote:
Eleni Karaviotou wrote:

Hello List!!!!

I have a question (hopefully not silly):

I want to install Xen on Linux. Which Linux distribution to use ? (is Ubuntu a good idea?)

Your can use a distribution like Fedora, RHEL, Debian or Ubuntu which distributes xen with it. That is simple to install/configure/manage. The

I've seen issues with Ubuntu domUs. It *looked* as if some things in Ubuntu were statically linked against TLS libraries or something. There was no /lib/tls yet I was seeing the sort of dmesg errors that you associate with use of TLS libraries.

choice of which one to use depends upon your taste, where you want to use (production or testing), and the requirement for support. The short answer is - It depends.

and secondly, which Xen Version  (Xen 3.0)?

You don't have to bother about this while using the xen packages distributed with a distribution. But always try to stick with a distribution which delivers the latest version of xen.

--Sadique

Any suggestions to make the installation as easy as possible?
Thanks

Helen