Re: [Xen-users] dom0's LVM partition in domU

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Sadique Puthen wrote:

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/volume-group/volume-name,hda1,w' , 'phy:/dev/md1,hda2,w' , 'phy:/dev/volume-group/volume-2,hda3,w' ]

If you are using paravirtual guests, try to export it as xvda1, xvda2 and etc... to get better disc IO performance.

I'm sorry if this is stupid question but how and why would you get better disc IO performance by exporting it as xvda1 instead of hda1? I tested it and there was no difference whatsoever.