Re: [Xen-users] Howto mix public and private ip-addresses?

Hi,

for easier use i packed our own xen deb's with an additional
script in /etc/xen/scripts to setup more than one bridge:

the entry in xend-config.sxp has to be changed from 'network-bridge'
to the name of the wrapper script (needs to be chmod +x)

---snip---
#!/bin/sh
#
# this is an example to start more than one bridge on different vif's
#
#

XENDIR="/etc/xen/scripts"

#
# start first bridge (xenbr0) on eth0
#
$XENDIR/network-bridge "$@" netdev=eth0 bridge=xenbr0 vifnum=0

#
# start another bridge (xenbr1) on eth1
#
#$XENDIR/network-bridge "$@" netdev=eth1 bridge=xenbr1 vifnum=1

#
# start a third bridge (xenbr2) as machine internal net segment
#
#DUMMY="dummy0"
#/sbin/modprobe dummy 2>/dev/null >/dev/null && \
#    /sbin/ifconfig $DUMMY up 2>/dev/null >/dev/null && \
#    $XENDIR/network-bridge "$@" netdev=$DUMMY bridge=xenbr2 vifnum=2
---snip---

uncommenting the third bridge entry, a domU config line like

vif = [ 'mac=gi:ve:so:me:mac,bridge=xenbr0',
'mac=gi:ve:an:ot:her:mac,bridge=xenbr2 ]

should give you two domU interfaces, the second one bound to a bridge on dom0's
dummy0
interface.

this could be used to connect the domU's together. even dom0 could use this
bridge
via dummy0.

one thing to note: during tests with heavy net i/o over a dummy0 bridge i found
dom0
freezing, but this could have been a dom0's kernel issue.

greetings

Stephan