Re: [Xen-users] domU freezes solid after startup -- why?

Rich Wales schrieb:
> Mitch Kelly wrote:
>
>> xm list to get the name of it
>> xm console NAMEHERE to attach its console
>
> Thanks.
>
> When I did the above, I discovered that the console output had frozen
> at a particular point.  Nothing more happened after that.
>
> I went and did other things for about FOUR HOURS, and when I returned
> and looked at the console output, there was still no further output.
>
> See the attached file.  The last two lines of console output happened
> after I did an "xm shutdown" on the domU.
>
> Any ideas as to why my domU is hanging like this?  What sorts of
> diagnostic measures should I try next?

You posted already the solution:

107074.946701] xencons_init: Initializing xen vfb; pass xencons=tty to prevent
this
[107074.947127] Xen virtual console successfully installed as xvc0

add
extra = 'xencons=tty'

to the domU config file.

Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

*netz-haut* e.K.
multimediale kommunikation

zweierweg 22
97074 wÃrzburg

fon: +49 931 2876247
fax: +49 931 2876248

web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de/>

registriergericht: amtsgericht wÃrzburg, hra 5054