Re: [Xen-users] PCI passthrough with kernel 2.6.23?

> The PCI passthrough is used to allow domU to access a DVB-S PCI card.
> My problem is that I would need a newer kernel to have more actual DVB
> drivers in domU.
> One thing I thought of is the possibility to compile and install the actual
> 2.6.23 kernel in domU as this kernel already supports to run as a xen guest

As Tom Mornini pointed out on this list on July 21st, a standard
kernel 2.6.23 runs as domU, but functionality, which is present in
2.6.18-xen, is missing, see
  http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2007-07/msg00744.html
and

http://bblank.thinkmo.de/blog/archive/2007/09/02/linux-image-2-6-23-rc4-xen-686
There are indicators, that the plone blog is right:
 - no pciback / pcifront drivers in drivers/xen
 - no config-option CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_FRONTEND

So I think no, pci pass-through doesn't work with the upstream kernel.

Michael