Re: [Xen-users] Xen dom0 memory

So if it's not PAE, and I have already tried the grub patch and recompile,  what could it be?  I added the volatile clause to the cont variable and my xen system still thinks it only has 3199 MB of memory.

~Michael

Mark Williamson wrote:
Am Tuesday, den 18 December hub Michael Williams folgendes in die Tasten:

I just discovered that my xen hypervisor only believes that it has 3199
MB of memory, when there are 4GB inside the computer.  I don't know how
long this has been this way, but I do not know how to try and force the
hypervisor to realize how much memory it has.  Any ideas how I can
accomplish this?

I am running CentOS 5 (RHEL 5), kernel 2.6.18-53.1.4.el5xen, x86_64, xen
3.0.3.

You'll have to use a PAE enabled kernel to get the full 4GB of RAM as
the pci-memory resides below the 4GB boundary and will prevent using
of your full physical memory without PAE.

That's a common problem but it doesn't apply in this case since he's using
x86_64.  Assuming the version of Xen is built for 64-bit then there's no
PAE / non-PAE distinction.  x86_64 effectively has PAE switched on all the
time.

Cheers,
Mark