Re: Xen Virtual Console xvc (Was: Re: [Xen-users] Pardon me for possibly dumb question but....)

On Sunday 27 January 2008 09:53:50 pm Todd Deshane wrote:
> From my experience, the xen virtual console only works like the normal
> getty "login:" prompt on first boot of the guest. After that you use xm
> console to get into the guest. I am not sure if there is something on dom0
> that can be accessed more directly or not. I think that is what you are
> asking, just to clarify.

Thanx. I actually wasn't thinking of the domu case. Fedora sets up dom0's
inittab and securetty, and I was wondering why. You obviously can't use 'xm
console' for this, so what can you use (he asks, befuddled ;-)

> The newest documentation can be built from sources and is still labelled Xen
> 3.0 User Manual.  Last I knew the user manual online was out of date, but >
> it should be able to be updated based on the Xen 3.2 release source docs. >
> Could this be setup to be created automatically after each release I
wonder?

I actually did build the xen docs from xen-3.2.0.tar.gz, and was disappointed
to see it was exactly the same as the online docs, unless I missed a one
paragraph difference. (As I say, I'm looking for docs on the new devices.)