Re: Xen Virtual Console xvc (Was: Re: [Xen-users] Pardon me for possibly dumb question but....)

On Sunday 27 January 2008 09:53:50 pm Todd Deshane wrote:
>> Thanx. I actually wasn't thinking of the domu case. Fedora sets up dom0's
>>  inittab and securetty, and I was wondering why. You obviously can't use
>> 'xm console' for this, so what can you use (he asks, befuddled ;-)
>
> I don't understand the question then. Sorry :(

The thrust of my question is where does the getty prompt show up. I get the
concept  of using 'xm console' for a domu, but does anyone know why it's in
fedora's dom0 setup? Where would I find the getty prompt corresponding to
dom0's xvc0?

It may turn out that inittab and securetty should *not* be setup in a dom0,
which would solve another problem: When I boot into the non-xen kernel on
fedora fc8, I get the following repeated syslog message, since obviously
there is no xvc0 in the non-xen-kernel:

Jan 27 00:24:38 Insp6400 init: Id "co" respawning too fast: disabled for 5
minutes
Jan 27 00:31:24 Insp6400 init: Id "co" respawning too fast: disabled for 5
minutes

etc.