Re: [Xen-users] Emulating Multiple NIC cards on Guests

Maximilian Wilhelm wrote:
Am Wednesday, den  6 February hub Sadique Puthen folgendes in die Tasten:

Hi!

[...]
The above vif = entry is for a para-virtualized guest. If it's a fully virtualized guest, it should be as below.

vif = [ 'type=ioemu, mac=00:16:3e:04:98:04, bridge=xenbr0','type=ioemu, mac=00:16:3e:04:98:05, bridge=xenbr1','type=ioemu, mac=00:16:3e:04:98:06, bridge=xenbr2' ]

Silly queston:
 What's the real difference between "normal" bridges and "ioemu"
 bridges?

There are no normal bridges or ioemu bridges. Bridges is always normal. With ioemu we specify that the network interface type that this guest is going to use is a qemu emulation, not something which is built up using special drivers as we use with para-vitualized guests.

type=ioemu has nothing to do with the bridges.

--Sadique

Ciao
Max