Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.1, Fedora 8 and PCI passthrough

  • To: "Kenneth Lundström" <kenneth.lundstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 21:34:17 -0500
  • Cc: Stephan Seitz <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:34:48 -0800

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 8:08 PM, Kenneth Lundström <kenneth.lundstrom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > I don't know the favorite way on fedora, but I like xen-tools [1] to
create a domU including this config file.

I think I finally start to understand the problem I have. I have used
virt-install and virt-manager to create new domU:s, that way I have
newer needed to write a config file. The program has just asked some
questions and then created the new DomU. No need for a config file.

Is there a way to find out what config file would ha looked like if I
would ha used that instead of the program?

Only config file I could get my hands on is in XML format.

The configuration in both python and SXP format is covered in the xen user manual [0].

Fedora still does make a config file, I don't have a system on hand to check the location of it.

According to this post [1] there are in /var/lib/xend/domains

[0] http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/srg/netos/xen/readmes/user/user.html#SECTION03230000000000000000
[1] http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=179944

Best Regards,
Todd