From: Todd Deshane [mailto:deshantm@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 11:09 PM
To: Artur Linhart - Linux communication
Cc: Xen-Users
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How can be defined the order of the starting of
DomUs linked into /etc/xen/auto?

Hi Archie,

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 2:20 PM, Artur Linhart - Linux communication
<AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>

>             I  use Xen 3.1.0 for longer time, but I still have one problem
-
> how could I define the order of the starting of the DomU instances which
are
> automatically restored/started if the DOm0 starts?
>

>             Thics can be important - for example, I want to start the
> database before tomcat starts, I want to start tomcat before load
> balancer... etc.
>

>             I have truied to name the links in the /etc/xen/auto/ in some
> waz which I wanted this will be started (something like 000-database,
> 100-webserver, 200=loadbalancer) but this did not helped to me.
>

>             Does anybody know, what could be the solution for it or from
> which source just the starting process takes the order of the startings?

You should take a look at your xendomains init script. Usually it is
stored in /etc/init.d/

>From that you should be able to determine how it picks the guest
order. I would have guessed that it would be in alpha order based on
the directory listing...

Best Regards,
Todd

__________ Informace od NOD32 2912 (20080229) __________