Re: [Xen-users] xm dump-core and an XP HVM

Hi, Ryan

>That worked.  What causes the discrepancy between the value for nr_pages and
>max_memkb/4?  Also, if I wanted to add the code as a function named
HVM domain would have sparce memory, so you will need max pfn.
max_memkb/4 means (max_memkb*1024)/(PAGE_SIZE).
It is max pfn.
nr_pages means the number of pages passed from hypervisor.
max_memkb*1024 will be more than nrpages*PAGE_SIZE.

>xc_dump_physical() in xc_core.c and be able to call it from main.py, what
>intermediate files are involved?  I've tried to trace a call to dump-core to
>figure out the files that are involved, but I can only trace it to the call
>to server.xend.dump.core in main.py (I assume at this point it becomes an
>xml-rpc call?).  Basically, I need the chain of files from main.py to
>xc_core.c involved in an invocation of dump-core.
server.xend.dump.core is server.xend.domain.dump?
After server.xend.domain.dump, the request posts to xend.
xend get the request in xml-rpc, then
 domain_dump in tools/python/xen/xend/XendDomain.py
   --->  dumpCore() in tools/python/xen/xend/XendDomainInfo.py
      ---> xc_domain_dumpcore in libxc

You can add a entance for xc_dump_physical() in dumpCore.

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe