RE: [Xen-users] Convert CentOS system to Xen image?

> Well, your almost there, but you need to boot up an OS recovery iso
> in the HVM and reinstall grub as the primary disk will now be 'hda'
> instead of whatever the other server's was, probably 'sda', or
> 'md0' if it had software raid.
>
> Once you have it running install the xen PV kernel, use disklabels
> for non-LVM volumes in your fstab and grub and then shut it down
> and convert the config to PVM. Boot with 'xm create -c <config'
> so you see the grub menu and select the xen kernel. Once you
> have the PVM running, set it's kernel as the default in grub.

I tried to do that. Since it's full virt does an actual CD need to be
inserted in the box? I tried adding a virtual CDROM using the ISO, but
it will not boot off of it.

On the screen I have
ata0 master is the qemu hard disk.
ata0 slave is Unknown device.

I installed a xen PV kernel on the live server before grabbing it.

thanks,
James