Re: [Xen-users] Convert CentOS system to Xen image?

I'm coming in late to the "party" and haven't gone through the entire thread.  Couple things I did notice so I'm going to base my answers on the following assumptions:

1. You're attempting full virtualization.
2. Your guest domain configuration file is in Python format located in /etc/xen.

If the above two are correct:

1. Open up the Python config file for your CentOS domain.
2. Locate the line starting with "disk ="
3. Within the last double-quote, but before closing bracket, put in the following immediately after the last double-quote:
, "file:/directory/with/cdrom_dvd_image.iso,hdc:cdrom,r"
So it should look similar to this:
disk = [ "file:/var/lib/xen/images/centos.img,hda,w", "file:/directory/with/cdrom_dvd_image.iso,hdc:cdrom,r" ]
4. While still the Python domain Xen configuration file, find the line which starts with "boot =".  It's probably set to boot = "c".
5. Change the boot sequence to boot = "dc" or "boot = "d".
6. Once you're done with the CD/DVD, you can revert it back.

Good luck!

James Pifer wrote:
I tried to do that. Since it's full virt does an actual CD need to be
inserted in the box? I tried adding a virtual CDROM using the ISO, but
it will not boot off of it.

On the screen I have
ata0 master is the qemu hard disk.
ata0 slave is Unknown device.

I installed a xen PV kernel on the live server before grabbing it.

thanks,
James

Daniel Kao
Übermind, Inc.