Re: [Xen-users] Windows PV Drivers v0.8.8 issue

On Thursday April 10 2008 09:23:15 pm Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> Additionally, I have disabled the realtek nic in dev mangler and have
> connectivity with the pv nic. I can ping external addresses and perform dns
> lookups but the browser some how just sits there and doesn't render
> anything now? When booted w/o the gplpv switch and the original nic
> re-enabled, the browser renders fine?

Sounds like the problem I was having w/ 0.8.5. The responses you are getting
are from ICMP & UDP. You probably can't get a TCP connection.

Since I've never gotten anything > 0.8.5 not to BSOD on boot, I've never been
able to check whether this problem went away.

James - what happens if your hardware nic doesn't support the offload
options?:

[506] > ethtool -k peth0
Offload parameters for peth0:
Cannot get device rx csum settings: Operation not supported
Cannot get device tx csum settings: Operation not supported
Cannot get device scatter-gather settings: Operation not supported
Cannot get device tcp segmentation offload settings: Operation not supported
Cannot get device udp large send offload settings: Operation not supported
rx-checksumming: off
tx-checksumming: off
scatter-gather: off
tcp segmentation offload: off