RE: [Xen-users] Windows PV Drivers v0.8.8 issue

> James - what happens if your hardware nic doesn't support the offload
> options?:
>
> [506] > ethtool -k peth0
> Offload parameters for peth0:
> Cannot get device rx csum settings: Operation not supported
> Cannot get device tx csum settings: Operation not supported
> Cannot get device scatter-gather settings: Operation not supported
> Cannot get device tcp segmentation offload settings: Operation not
> supported
> Cannot get device udp large send offload settings: Operation not
supported
> rx-checksumming: off
> tx-checksumming: off
> scatter-gather: off
> tcp segmentation offload: off
> udp fragmentation offload: off
> generic segmentation offload: off

Not sure... I think the vif's still support it and Linux does the
offloading on behalf of the adapter.

Even if the hardware doesn't support it, there are still advantages to
be had when sending between DomU's.

Recent versions of the PV drivers support disabling csum and large send
offload.

James