Re: [Xen-users] Looking for easy guide for Fedora 8 xen networking

On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 15:57 +0100, John Haxby wrote:
> There are two bridges, IIRC, virtbr0 for a local network (which is what
> you're using) and eth0.  Previously the you would have had something
> like virbr0 and xenbr0 where xenbr0 has dom0's eth0 and peth0 on it; in
> Fedora8 eth0 is the bridge instead.  You probably want to use that
> instead of virbr0.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I still can't seem to make it work.
I've switched my guests to use eth2 instead of virbr0, but now they
can't seem to get any connectivity.  I assumed this is what you were
saying to do correct?.  With a guest booted, here is what brctl shows.

eth2            8000.00022d8b1e44       no              peth2
                                                        tap0
                                                        vif2.0
virbr0          8000.000000000000       yes

That looks pretty much the same as the other systems I've used, but it
still doesn't seem to work.

> Now that the bridge has an IP address you can, again IIRC, do cool
> things with iptables for traffic flowing through the bridge without
> having to use ebtables.

Is it possible that I *have* to write iptables rules to get traffic to
flow through?

BTW, eth2 is my default network device, all others are disabled.

Any help is appreciated.