Re: [Xen-users] What's recommended method for serving data to/among DomU's?

> which I believe says the same.
>
> My goal is to abstract DomU instances from their embodied apps' data
> -- e.g., bind zones, apache web files, etc., and to centralize that
> data so as to be easy to backup.

I see.

> With your explanations (thanks!), and a bit of reading, I think
> OpenFiler in a DomU, booted early is my solution -- with subsequent
> VM's reading their apps' data/conf/etc from OpenFiler-published NFS
> partitions gets me 'there' ...
>
> Bottom line, I do need -- or at least want -- simultaneous access.

OK.

nb. block level devices such as NBD, iSCSI and friends are fine for a "read
many, write exclusive" setup - e.g. multiple domains mounting a device and
reading from it, but they must all unmount in order for a single writer to
modify the contents.  This works without any fuss, using a normal non-cluster
filesystem.  For some scenarios, this suffices.

Otherwise, good luck with your setup.  IIRC, OpenFiler offer Xen-enabled
appliance downloads so that should serve your purposes.

Cheers,
Mark