Re: [Xen-users] Solaris domU dies at boot

On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 06:28:21PM -0500, Michael Jinks wrote:
> On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 12:06:16AM +0100, John Levon wrote:
> > On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 05:08:32PM -0500, Michael Jinks wrote:
> >
> > > The domU is trying to boot an ISO of the 2008/05 release of OpenSolaris.
> > > I've copied i86xpv/kernel/amd64 kernel and /boot/x86.microroot from the
> > > OpenSolaris ISO into the locations listed in my config file, and the
> > > "extra" line is copied verbatim from the source linked above.
> >
> > OpenSolaris is different from the versions you tried before. In
> > particular the extra line. See:
> >
> > http://blogs.sun.com/mrj/
>
> Thanks.  I've read MRJ's blog at various points along my journey...

Should have mentioned... before trying the " -kd" session, I did try
again with the config listed on MRJ's blog, path names adjusted for my
system.  Whenever I try to use pygrub, xm always gives:

  Error: Boot loader didn't return any data!

I haven't had much luck tracking down the meaning of that error...