RE: [Xen-users] Internal Modem on DomU

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 15:47:11 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 12:47:51 -0700

        If you only want to use it in one DomU, and that DomU is HVM, you
could potentially use PCI passthrough.  I don't have fuller details, and I
can't even confirm whether or not your version would support it, but I am
sure it has been previously discussed more than once and should be
documented.  If you have multiple DomUs or want to do something more secure
than PCI passthrough, I would think you could use routing instead of
bridging for your DomUs and configure Dom0 to dial-up and provide NAT in
case of a network/internet failure.  Once again, I don't have fuller
details, but bridging/routing/nat has probably been previously discussed and
is certainly documented.  As to providing dialup with nat as a failover,
depending on how you set up your network script, this may fall outside of
the scope of xen, but should be doable.  I can't help you more than that,
but it should give you a couple directions to go, or at least to
investigate.
        Dustin