Re: [Xen-users] UUID info and VIF info

Erin Hughes <eredicatorx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> A mistake in sys admining on my part has caused a major malfunction.
>
> I created a domain called max01 and some where along the line I
> noticed that I deleted the host configuration file in /etc/xen/
> YES a backup of /etc would be nice right now but, I do not have one.

> vif = [ "mac=00:16:3e:5d:04:1c,bridge=xenbr0,type=ioemu" ]

> It does not seem so difficult but where would I get the UUID info and
> VIF info?

First, if the box is still up, you can

xm list -l domainname

that will give you the old values.

You can leave out the UUID completely.

You can also leave out the  mac='...' value from the vif and it will generate
a mac address for you (every time you reboot, so you might want to pick a
non-conflicting mac address)