Re: [Xen-users] Can someone give me a hand with more info about cfgfile disk parameter?

  • To: "James Dingwall" <james.dingwall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Miguel Madrid Villar" <madrivi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 15:55:37 +0200
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 06:56:11 -0700

Yes, i need that one in the cfg because when i create another machine i want it to deploy with the NFS settings as default with no mount in the new machine side, i want it to automatically have all the parameters, ram size, disk, swap, etc.

Thanks,

Mike

2008/6/4 James Dingwall <james.dingwall@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hello, I'm looking to gain access from one DomU to a NFS partition, can it be done modifying the .cfg file?

> For example, in my testmachine.cfg i have the line:

> disk      = [ ´file:/home/xen/domains/test/disk.img,sda1,w´,´file:/home/xen/domains/test/swap.img,sda2,w´ ]

> Its possible to add some extra info so that in the cfg is included the access to a partition in a NFS machine in my network?

If you aren't trying to boot off NFS can you just mount the export on the domU via fstab?  Do you have a special requirement to mount in dom0 and then pass it to the domU?

James