Re: [Xen-users] SMP enabled Dom0 or not?

On Friday June 20 2008 01:21:43 pm Venefax wrote:
> The instructions have a small problem: I use SUSE and there is no
> /etc/rc.local. ¿any idea?

Interestingly enough, there is /etc/init.d/before.local and after.local. You
have to read /etc/init.d/rc to discover them. Basically, after.local runs
after all the services have been started upon entering a runlevel.
before.local runs before the runlevel is entered. If you anticipate changing
runlevels often, you may want to restrict the actions in after.local to a
particular runlevel.

> Also, I changed the configuration files for the DomUs, but is there any way
> to force them to reread the configuration without restarting them?

In general, nope. But you can manually use 'xm vcpu-pin domid ...', and your
domu will only use those vcpus till the next restart. (In my limited testing,
linux reacts better to pinning than Windows.)

> How
> about changing the dom0? It is very hard for me to reboot the box.

But you can restart the domus, so they can re-read their configs. You can do
the vcpu pinning manually at first. Changing configs, and after.local, is
just so it stays that way when you do reboot dom0/restart domu.