Re: [Xen-users] Ballooning and Free memory in xm info

Mark Williamson schreef:
I'm currently creating an cluster economy

Ah, a nice plan.

It is based around my current REST http-interface to libvirt, so an avahi request is put on the network (offer), and the available cluster nodes can give their tender, lowest will get it. For now I keep it simple; that means no exact migration costs, just the cost of overcommitting with respect to free memory.

Our setup require this to work before ip address allocation... but I suppose it would work for anyone with just a switched network as a charm.

Make sure to disable autoballooning so you don't confuse things by accidentally shrinking dom0 further :-)

Will I get away with dom0_mem or should I pass dom0-min-mem=0 in the xendconfig? Or is there a cmdline param that disables ballooning?

Stefan