RE: [Xen-users] cpufreq problems with hvm

  • To: "Birger Brunswiek" <birger.b@xxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:24:34 +0800
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 18:27:19 -0700

Current HVM can't cope with freq/tsc change, unless all rdtsc
are trapped which then may bring other side-effects for heavy
overhead. It's better for you to try cpufreq on a platform with
constant TSC, e.g. any Intel processors supporting VT.

Thanks,
Kevin