[Xen-users] Xen on Pentium M laptop?

I want to run Xen on a ubuntu 8.04 desktop release on a laptop. I would like to boot to Dom0 runing my normal gnome desktop, and from there start guest DomU's as needed. Is this possible?

The laptop uses a 2GHZ Pentium M, and has 2GB of ram. /proc/cpuinfo says it has PAE, though I don't know if thats really relevant with 2GB of ram. There are no serial ports.

I tried the instructions

"Installing Xen On An Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) Server" at

http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntu-8.04-server-install-xen-from-ubuntu-repositories

I haven't gotten as far as adding a guest, I'm stuck on the reboot with the Xen kernel.

When I boot, Xen seems to be going OK, and tells me its giving up the VGA. A little time goes on and then the VGA screen clears, after which there is no response to the keyboard or anything more on the screen.

The laptop does in fact answer pings, and in fact accepts ssh connections. However, the ssh connections just hang with no response.

I get the same behavior if I substitute "console=vga" for "console=ttyx" on the grub kernel params. Again, the laptop has no serial port.

Is what I want possible?