Re: [Xen-users] Question on default xen network configs

  • To: "Artur Linhart - Linux communication" <AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:09:23 -0400
  • Cc: "Phil Winterfield \(winterfi\)" <winterfi@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Asim <linkasim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:10:04 -0700

Hello,

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Artur Linhart - Linux communication
<AL.LINUX@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>        are there any other conditions what to define in xen 3.2.1 in the
> comparison with Xen 3.1.0? My problem is, the bridge is not working till I
> do not define the corresponding eth device and the IP addresses for it in
> /etc/network/interfaces. My DomUs are not accessible through the network
> till I did not define the corresponding eth device in the config file and
> till the Dom0's eth is not accessible throught the IP protocol...

It sounds like you are using Ubuntu, the issue here is likely that you have
network manager installed and it doesn't define the network devices in
/etc/network/interfaces.

> In xen 3.1.0 it was much more better - I defined the network bridges
> independently on the vast if the Dom0 "knows" the IP network connected to
> the physical interfaces...

This is probably an issue of Xen on <your distro> not being network manager
aware.

> Or do I some mystake and have there some misconfiguration? Re there any new
> schemes according to the bridges? Can I use the old-style bridging, where it
> is not necessary to define the corresponding eth device in Dom0 to get DomU
> working on the interface?

You can define your own bridges and that will work fine, but you have
to make sure
all your configurations are updated (i.e. guest configs and if you
specify anything in
the xend config, etc.)

Hope that helps,
Cheers,