RE: [Xen-users] Question on default xen network configs

Hello,

  Thank You for response ;-)

  I work with Debian Etch.

  My point is, why have I to define the IP address in Dom0 if I want to use
the bridge for the DomU? I do not want the Dom0 has also the IP address on
that interface, which receives the traffic for DomU - mainly from security
and configuration effort reasons.

I do not understand why if my bridge is cofigured properly:
wonderland:/# brctl show
eth0            8000.001517708dbc       no              peth0
eth1            8000.001517708dbd       no              peth1
                                                        vif4.0
eth2            8000.000423e45f5a       no              peth2
eth4            8000.000c42072d75       no              peth4
eth5            8000.000c42072d74       no              peth5
eth6            8000.000c42072d77       no              peth6
wonderland:/#

and on eth1 the vif4.0 exists on peth1, why there comes no traffic through?
In the DomU if I ping something, i just get always the "destination host
unreachable" error, the DomU also cannot be pinged from outside...

In iptables I have in forward chain following line

ACCEPT     0    --  anywhere             anywhere            PHYSDEV match
--physdev-in vif4.0

What looks to be also correct for me...

Also in ifconfig the part relevant for this case looks good I think...

So, where can be the problem? Why have I to define the IP addres in Dom0 to
get it working?

        With regards, Archie