Re: [Xen-users] fedora as domu on ubuntu gutsy host

bharath venkatesh wrote:

hi john
can u pls tell me in detail how did u do it .. was it on ubuntu gutsy ? ... after u loopback-mount the iso image ... which install method u used ?
Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been on holiday.

I did the installation using virt-install on Oracle VM (essentially RHEL5 or CentOS5 for this purpose). I loopback-mounted the iso on a web server and used something like this:

   virt-install --location=http://my.server.com/f9

which means that I did something like this

   mount -o loop fedora9.iso /var/www/html/f9

on my web server. I generally check that I can see the files under that URL before I do the installation to make sure I haven't messed up.

jch