Re: [Xen-users] Ubuntu Hardy Heron x64 w/ Xen 3.2 hangs on boot at /etc/rc.local

It worked! Thanks!
- Simon

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Peter Fastré <peter.fastre@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've had the exact same issue with ubuntu hardy heron, using standard apt-get installs. Unbelievable that a distribution like this can be broken with this stupid mistake. It took me some time digging in the init-scripts to find the problem was in het following file:
Check your file: /etc/event.d/tty1, it should be like this:
# tty1 - getty
#
# This service maintains a getty on tty1 from the point the system is
# started until it is shut down again.

start on stopped rc2
start on stopped rc3
start on stopped rc4
start on stopped rc5

stop on runlevel 0
stop on runlevel 1
stop on runlevel 6

respawn

exec /sbin/getty 38400 tty1

For some reason this file was changed into something with xvc0 and added some lines. I restored this file from a working system, and everything's ok now. Not sure what package caused the problem, though.

Peter