RE: [Xen-users] eth0 on dom0 not working on a bridged conf

No I think that is correct because Javier is using an old Xen version (3.0.3).
What does your ARP table on Dom0 show? Does it have a binding for 172.30.1.81
(your external machine)? It looks as if your ARP requests from Dom0 do not
reach the network, and so the ping request does not go out.