Re: [Xen-users] Usage of pci-attach

Asim wrote:
I could nail down my problem to the xen-store entry for the event
channel not being created.  Once I issue: -

xenstore-write /local/domain/17/device/pci/0/event-channel 6

The PCI device shows up in my domU. Also, after this the network takes
quite a while to become active (sometimes its really soon). So,

1. How do I fix the above problem that I dont have to issue a manual store?

I have never experienced this kind of problem. pcifront is responsible
for writing event-channel node in xenstore, so something might be wrong
with your domU kernel config or build?

2. Is there a poll that goes on here to check for backend changes -
can I force it in code so that my network becomes accessible real
soon?

I'm not sure what 'network' means, but presume that you want to attach a
physical NIC to a domain and activate it right away. Perphaps you can do
that by setting up udev/hotplug scripts inside the domU, but I don't
know the details.

Thanks,
-- Yosuke

Regards,