Re: [Xen-users] Is XVD live resize possible?

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 11:51:36AM -0700, Jayson Vantuyl wrote:
> Consider this to be my vote for block-reconfigure working.  I suspect
> it wouldn't take much work actually.
>
> In retrospect, it's completely possible to concatenate devices at
> runtime using device mapper.  It's the same thing that LVM does under
> the sheets.  If you somehow got your root on a DM device (initrd
> maybe?), then you could live-modify it to add in another device you
> pass through.  It's fraught with peril, but completely possible.

Please check this recent thread on xen-devel:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2008-09/msg00158.html

It seems block-reconfigure has never worked for online resizing xen domU xvd
disks..

It is now being looked at and considered for Xen 3.4 as a new feature.

-- Pasi