Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 08:35:10 -0700
From: Mike Power <mpower@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] pci pass through of sound cards
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In my browsing of pci pass through I have found a lot of information but
some of that information seems to be obsolete applying to older versions
of Xen.  I have also read that some hardware can not be passed through.

I have a windows domU and I was considering what it would take to get
sound out of it.  I figured I had two choices.  One, some how get sound
out of the windows through some drivers and into the dom0 sound card,
not likely I would guess.  Two, buy a cheap sound card and pass it
through to the windows domU.  I could then run the outputs of one sound
card into the inputs of the other.

Any chance I can get some up to date information on pci pass through for
sound cards.  I would rather not buy unless I knew it was possible.

Mike Power