[Xen-users] kernel oops errors+xen+lvm snapshot

Hi All,

I am using xen (3.0.2)from some months and pretty happy with it. But i am afraid that xen kernel (2.6.16) has some limited support for lvm snapshot.

I have two boxes with some domU and want to backup them on remote servers. I did this using lvm snapshot. First time it goes fine and backups created successfully. But second time when backup script was running in cron job, kernel through some error messages at the consoles and after that no lvm command was going to be executed. All the commands are going to working/waiting state and never come to finish state and i have to stop it using ctrl+c.

On my second box the case is little different. Kernel didnt through any error but system rebooted silently like it is rebooted using power button. No error messages are recorded in any log file.

I have noticed that this is happening when script tries to remove the snapshot (last step in the script).

Anyone please help me. Your hints, suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Kashif