Re: [Xen-users] network setup for HVM guests

Il giorno 10/set/08, alle ore 17:15, Luca Lesinigo ha scritto:
after all this stuff... I am looking for someone using HVM guests that gets its tapX interfaces correctly added to the bridges, and I'd like to know what ACTUALLY does that adding and how. Which script, or whatever. I'm trying to trace down my problem (could be something in my system, or in xen scripts, or in gentoo's install of xen, or whatever), but I don't know where to start because I just don't know where in the interface between xend and the scripts I should get an indication that there's a tapX involved with the guest. By the way, I will probably look into upgrading to Xen-3.3.0 since I can do this sort of tests on the system during non-office hours :)
I'll add that:
1) under Xen-3.2.1, even xm list --long <domain_id> will no mention any tap device at all 2) upgraded to Xen-3.3.0, and now at domain creation it correctly adds the tap interface to the bridge! yay, problem solved!

Thanks,
--
Luca Lesinigo