Re: [Xen-users] domU unbootable after unknown error

On Thursday 11 September 2008, Alain Barthe wrote:
> 2008/9/11 Charlie Farinella <cfarinella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > On Thursday 11 September 2008, Alain Barthe wrote:
> > > 2008/9/10 Charlie Farinella <cfarinella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > > Try to run pygrub manually and see what's happening:
> > > pygrub /dev/VolGroup00/wspd
> >
> > I get the same error:
> >
> > [root@xen3 cfarinella]# pygrub /dev/VolGroup00/wspd
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >  File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 651, in ?
> >    fs = fsimage.open(file, get_fs_offset(file))
> > IOError: [Errno 95] Operation not supported
> >

> So the grub record seems to be garbaged.
> Maybe you could try "grub-install" on your device.
>
> Have you try to mount the device on your dom0, just to see if it is
still
> operable ?

File system was hosed, I have to move on.  As an aside, I have a number
of live Xen domU servers running, but I always have trouble building
new ones.  All are CentOS 5 and I don't know if the issue is related to
Xen, CentOS or operator ignorance.  I'll have to do some reading.

Thanks to all for the help.