[Xen-users] Re: Device already mounted in guest domain problem

  • To: "Xen Users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Antoine Benkemoun" <antoine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:03:13 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 14:03:52 -0700

Got this fixed after hours of pulling my hair out ! I'm posting the answer so others won't go bald :)

Basically, you need to deallocate the ressource from the previous vm using the xenstore utility which is installed alongside Xen.

In my case, the previous VM's ID was 16 and the device that could not be connected was 768. I had to type this command to get it to work :

xenstore-rm /local/domain/0/backend/vbd/16/768

You can use xenstore-ls to find the right number if you don't know it.

Antoine