Re: [Xen-users] Giving a domU direct access to a NIC

2008. 09. 19, pÃntek keltezÃssel 10.38-kor Antoine Benkemoun ezt Ãrta:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking
http://ebtables.sourceforge.net/br_fw_ia/br_fw_ia.html

> but is it possible to give a domU direct access to a NIC ?

It's possible to give PCI devices (including ethernet cards ;) to domUs.
I haven't ever tried this, but you may read:
http://www.novell.com/communities/node/2880/assign-dedicated-network-card-or-pci-device-xen-virtual-machine

> Or at least give it enough access so that it can see packets that are
> not for the domU originally.

I'm afraid not.