RE: [Xen-users] bridge-utils problem

  • To: "Tommy Huang" <tommy24@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:26:23 +1000
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 22:27:03 -0700

> I installed bridge-utils on my machine. Then I executed the script
> "network-bridge".
> All at a sudden, I cannot remote login my machine. Then I found that I
> cannot access the Internet on that machine.
> Is there anything I should notice when I installed bridge-utils?
> One strange thing is that I still can get the dynamic IP on that
machine.
> So I think it can connect to the DHCP server.
> But it just cannot connected to the Internet.
> Also, I allow all traffic on that machine through iptables.
> So I really don't know what happened.
> The OS of my machine is Opensuse 10.3.
> Any response is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

In /proc/sys/net/bridge there are some settings that affect how the
bridge traffic interacts with iptables. I find that I have to set
bridge-nf-call-iptables=0 to make things work the way I expect, eg:

echo 0 >/proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-iptables

James