Re: [Xen-users] Still confused about bridging (I think)

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 9:22 AM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, September 22, 2008 17:09, Javier Guerra wrote:
>> also remember that an intelligent enough switch would detect the loop
> you've created by connecting both networks to the same switch (the
> software bridge) and disable it.
>
> The bridge shouldn't be causing an actual loop, that's what the
> spanning-tree protocol is all about.

that's wishful thinking,  i don't have much faith on STP when first
setting a network.  after it's running, i usually turn it on and
verify that it didn't break anything (as it often does).

a general advice: first make it work, then make it better/nicer.

in your case, that would mean doing the same as usual in the physical
world when you have two separate networks: use two separate switches.

--
Javier