Re: [Xen-users] How to increase loop device

Each guest uses at least two loop devices. Modify or
create /etc/modprobe.d/local-loop and add this line:

options loop max_loop=64

With 64 loop devices you can run up to 32 guests on your host, assuming
you aren't using loop devices for any other purposes.

cheers

Am Donnerstag, den 25.09.2008, 14:37 +0800 schrieb Stephen Liu:
> Hi folks,
>

> Debian Etch - host and guest.
>

> I'm only allowed running 6 domUs simulataneously.  On starting the 7th
> domU it complains;
>
> $ sudo xm create /etc/xen/xen7.satimis.com.cfg
> Using config file "/etc/xen/xen7.satimis.com.cfg".
> Error: Device 769 (vbd) could not be connected. Failed to find an
> unused loop device.
>

> $ ls /dev/loop/*
> /dev/loop/0
>

> Please advise how to fix the problem.  TIA
>

> B.R.
> Stephen L

Dominik Vogt
Informatikbetreuer
UniversitÃt Bern
Institut fÃr medizinische Lehre (IML)
Abteilung fÃr Assessment und Evaluation (AAE)
Inselspital 37a
CH-3010 Bern

Phone: 031 632 3584
Mail: dominik.vogt@xxxxxxxxxxxx