Re: [Xen-users] Using xen in multihead distributed setup

John Preston wrote:
> I'm new to xen and hope that this question is not too daft but I just
> need a short answer. Can I run say four servers within xen on one box
> with 4 video cards, where each server is tied to one of the video
> cards, so I have a view of applications running on the various servers
> concurrently.

There is one of the CoolConfigurations on the Xen wiki that does
something similar to this.

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/CoolConfigurations?highlight=(cool)#head-f4e3242c0008f33dfe01a8467a011efad1723ad2

I haven't tried this but sounds like with enough hacking one can get it
to work. Although the author of the configuration wasn't very specific,
I am guessing he did PCI pass thru to a paravirtualized domain. It wont
work with Windows or a fully virtualized guest. But with some patience,
it might work. Again, I haven't tried this solution so it might be smoke
and mirrors.

Mike